Wednesday, January 10, 2007

HOWTO: Getting rid of badly ripped songs from your iPod

So I was listening to my iPod on shuffle and came across a song that was cut off. I thought oh I'll just write down the name and take the paper home and delete it later. I'm sure you've run across this before. Maybe you were smarter and emailed yourself the name and artist of the song?

Well I have what I think is a better idea to track these songs and get rid of them later.

Some of you may know this about your iPod but if you're browsing through songs, playlists, artists, or albums you can press and hold the middle button and it will add the selected item to the "On the Go" playlist. I'm sure you see where this is going. Do this on the song that is cut off, this stores it quick and easy and next time you sync your iPod the "On the Go" playlist will show up on iTunes. You then just find each of the songs in your library and delete them then re-rip the songs to fix them. It just dawned on me that you could even just rate the songs with a chosen number of stars (I'd think 1) and delete them that way.

Anyway, my 2 cents.

Till next time ...

No comments:

 
weewar.com corner